ArielVision is a low-cost, easy-to-use, renderer for SketchUp.
If you are looking for a full featured rendering package, with many, many more features, also at an attractive price, check out IRender nXt
IRender nXt costs just a bit more, but has many, many more rendering features. The additional features can make it seem harder to use – because to use special things like fog, depth of field, caustic glass, etc. you have to decide whether to turn them on and you often have to set values which effect them. These features can make even better renderings, but it may take more time to set them up.
Exterior SketchUp model rendered with ArielVision
All the features you need for great renderings:
• Lights and Illumination
• Reflective Materials
• Background Images
• Realistic glass materials
• Top quality, PhotoRealistic Rendering Engine
• Fully integrated into SketchUp
By offering just the options you need, and just the settings you need ArielVision makes it easier to learn to Render then it was to learn SketchUp
• Lighting Default are Preset for You
• Material Settings provide just what you need
• Predefined Materials make it even easier
ArielVision uses sun, sky, shadows, lights, transparency and reflections to create Photorealistic renderings from SketchUp models at an affordable price.
ArielVision uses a simple dialog to set properties on SketchUp materials such as reflections, and has a Wizard to create many common lights. Many good renderings can be created with a single button click and no changes to the model at all
ArielVision is the perfect combination of high-quality rendering while still being extremely easy to use. ArielVision is a low cost, easy to use rendering package which makes very good results. It is easy to use because it contains only the features you need for good renderings.
How should I decide which Renderer to try and purchase?
If you want to have all the high-end features available – even if you don’t use them right away, then you should choose IRender nXt. If you want to create better hi-res images from your SketchUp model, but don’t want to have to learn how to use advanced rendering features – like Depth-of-Field, Special Reflection Settings, Special Transparency Settings, etc. then ArielVision is the right choice for you.
If you are using SketchUp and Rendering as part of your professional offering, and are using it to increase or support your business, then IRender nXt should fit within your budget. If cost is your primary concern, then ArielVision may be the right choice for you.
This interior scene was create by downloading a vanity, mirror and shower stall from the 3D Warehouse, right clicking on materials to set reflection and placing ceiling lights in the ceiling. This rendering took less than 1 minute to complete.
Fully Integrated into SketchUp
All renderings settings – reflection, lights, etc. – are stored in you SketchUp model and the rendering is created with a single click on the ArielVision Toolbar – which starts the rendering. You can return to the model and re-render it without having to define materials and lights or make make other renderings settings – everything is remembered and stored in the model.
• Downloads – you can download a copy from: Downloads Page – Select ArielVision.
• Trial Version – ArielVision should automatically run in trial version, and if you have previously tested our rendering products, you should get a new trial version for ArielVision.
• Forum – Report any problems either on the ArielVision Forum
How it works
ArielVision gets its rendering information from SketchUp materials. colors, transparency and textures are set normally in SketchUp and used for rendering. Reflection and Glow settings are assigned to materials by right clicking on any surface which already contains the material, and setting the properties. (You do not have to drill into groups and components. ArielVision will automatically find the proper material for you.
ArielVision can render the scene using as many rendering passes as desired. (Rendering passes use additional lighting samples from the sun, sky, and lights to make smoother shadows and more realistic effects. Initially, while you are learning, a limit of 40 passes is used. Later you can increase the number of passes as desired.
You can render at any resolution or render quality desired. Higher resolutions and higher render quality takes more time per pass and more time for the complete rendering. Initially, ArielVision is set to use a medium resolution so you can preview your model quickly and increase the resolution later if desired.
ArielVision defines material properties and rendering settings inside of SketchUp and saves them in you SketchUp model. One button click is all that is necessary to create and view the rendering.
There are additional settings for HDRi skies (360 degree, images which enhanced illunination and brightness information stored in the image), and for other background images.
Summary of Features
• Fully Integrated inside SketchUp 7 or 8 or 2013, Free or Pro, (Windows only)
• Uses SketchUp Material and textures automatically.
• Top Quality PhotoRealistic Rendering Engine.
• Indirect Lighting for subtle, realistic shadows.
• Auto Bump Mapping for SketchUp Textures.
• High Quality Reflections – mirror-like, or blurry.
• Refraction for thick glass and transparent objects.
• Light Wizard to create many standard lights and lamps.
Ceiling Lights, Spot lights, etc.
• Uses SketchUp Sun, Sky, and background colors.
• Self glow – for special items such as monitors or lighted signs.
• Laptop seat – second license for use on your laptop.
• Unlimited resolution. (very large resolution requires more RAM in CPU)
• Automatic use of multi-processor and multi-core CPUs.
• Renders in 64-bit mode on 64-bit processors.